Pardon, Master, I will be correspondent to command And do my spiriting gently ~ Homer’s Ariel, in The Tempest”
A Pacific Northwest poet
A scriber of haunting confessional poetry, whimsies, political irony and a recorder of nature.
Sept 23, 2018 Poems for Peace Poetry Reading 2-4 pm Salem Library
In 2011, I participated in the Salem Peace Mosiac, a community project to create a Peace Mural (with artist Lynn Takata) for “the City of Peace”.
The aging building it covers is now facing demolition, so Save the Mosiac committee And Mid Valley Poets Association have scheduled a fundraising poetry reading.
For details see the events page.
If you appreciate what I do, please consider Become a Patron! on Patreon.
- Evolution of Ariel – poems about life. Poems added.
- Bits of Cyn – poems of erotica (Must be 18 or over)
- Chasing Tiger – poems about love and lust. Poems added.
- Haiku/Tanka – poems of haiku. senryu, tanka, etc. Poems added.
- Lady Pixy – poems of fantasy
- Living Under 45 – poems of Trump’s America Poems added.
- Pacific Northwest – poems inspired by Pac NW. Poems added.
- The Waiting Room – poems of Mourning Poems added.
My non-poetry can be found at Ariel writes …
Ariel, CC Willow & other Aliases Offering daily prompts for poeming!
Most recent post: Sept 18 prompt
Archive of daily poetry prompts. Also a place to download a monthly prompt list, like September’s !
- Bits of Cyn: Erotic poetry. In Progress.
- Cascades – Poems about the Pacific Northwest In Progress
- Chasing Tiger – Poems of the joys and heartbreak of love – both requited and unrequited – In Progress
- House of Breakage – poems about poverty in America. In Progress.
- The Waiting Room – Poems of Mourning. In Progress.
- Everybody Likes Pie – When the quirky tourist town of PIe, home of a popular cartoon creator, gets invaded by ultra-conservatives, the beloved Oregon town stops being so beloved and instead becomes a showdown between isolation and diversity. More than gravity waves got skewed here!
- In Defense of T – A romance: In the pursuit of independence and casual sex, Cyn falls in love – with the capital L. Wait? Is that a thing? Cyn never believed so – and still doesn’t want to …
- Leaf On the Ground – A romantic fantasy. Lefan is a modern-day fairy trying to pass undetected in the Pacific NW, while working for the State – this meant losing her wings. Life is complicated enough – but why did she have to fall for a mortal?
- Leaf on the Water – Fai Windkin and the Pacific NW fairy clans – both native and celtic – strive to protect a lake from an ambitious water-scavenging company …and that’s how the human got shrunk!
- Stuck Here In The Middle with You – A romance/thriller. A former playgirl who must escape a storm-ridden island after being shipwrecked with various ex-lovers … and the only man she ever loved.
Follow me here:
If you wish to be a Patron of Arts – you can sign up here on my Patreon account. I am looking for Patrons to assist me in my chapbooks, seasonal Poem-A-Day Challenges and Poetry projects.
Updated Sept 10th
My alter ego, Pacific NW artist CC Willow …
Most of the art and photographs on this site is my own CC Willow pieces.
During September, I have three art pieces on display in the 2018 Paint The Town Art Show at the Elsinore Framing and Art Gallery in downtown Salem. (As Ariel, I also have three poems displayed.)
I have sample art gallery here along with links to my work and online Etsy store.
Upcoming Art Shows:
- July 3 – September 30, 2018 Spinnaker Art Hanging at Spinnaker Landing, in south Salem, Oregon near the airport.
- September 5, 2018 2018 Paint The Town Art Show Reception 5-8 pm. Music by celtic harpist, Tyger Bailey. Awards ceremony.
- September 5 – 28, 2018 19th Annual Paint The Town Show featuring en plein airepieces created in the Salem area over the summer. This is the third year the it has been expanded to include Write The Town – poetry written during the plein air events.
- December 5, 2018 Something Red Art Walk Reception,Downtown Salem, Oregon.
- Dec 5-31, 2018 Something Red Art Walk throughout the Downtown Salem, Oregon.