And talking about the Hound of Hell ….
Let’s make him our Thursday’s prompt ‘s – “Cerberus”
What’s it like being Hades dog? Does he take him for walks? Ever play ball with him? Do any of the heads get jealous or annoyed with each other? Is there anyplace to drink other than the River Styx? Does Persephone give better cuddles?
Thursday was D- Day. So you could write about that. Or if you had a relative in World War 2, you could write an ode or an elegy to them. My Grandfather Vivianne Jamison was “over there”and I still have some of his journals.
June 6 also was
- National Eyewear Day (Does this include contact lens?)
- National Higher Education Day (A very good thing to celebrate. AND lobby for!)
- National Gardening Exercise Day
- National Yo-yo Day Pull yours out. Play with it. (okay … that sounds dirty. Didn’t mean it to be) Poem)
- National Drive-In Movie Day. I don’t know of any Drive-In Movie theaters still operating in the Willamette Valley/
- National Applesauce Cake Day. (Again – shouldn’t this be in December? (It’s my family’s traditional dessert at the holidays since I have a brother that does not like pie.)
I shared a month ago that I was the chairperson for the poetry competition at this year’s Oregon State Fair. Alas – yesterday I stepped down from that position. I have been too ill with this virus to meet the prep work deadlines and it needed an able-person to shepherd it through.
I still encourage Oregonian’s to submit their poetry!
If you appreciate what I do, please consider being one of my Patrons on Patreon.
My archive of blog’ poetry prompts is here.
You know – I’m all about the prompts!!
Homepage ∞ Poetry Prompt Archive ∞ Events ∞ About Me ∞ Books ∞ Poetry ∞ Projects ∞ Memes