Started this in Friday’s doctor appointment …
Friday’s prompt ‘s – “ Persephone (or Kore)“ Wife of Hades
In honor of frontiersman Daniel Boone (one of USA’s legends), today is National Boone Day. So if Persephone does “speak” to you – maybe Ol’ Dan will.
June 7 also is
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. A sweet thing to write about
- National Higher Education Day (A very good thing to celebrate. AND lobby for!)
- National Gardening Exercise Day
- National Yo-yo Day Pull yours out. Play with it. (okay … that sounds dirty. Didn’t mean it to be) Poem)
- National Drive-In Movie Day. I don’t know of any Drive-In Movie theaters still operating in the Willamette Valley/
- National Applesauce Cake Day. (Again – shouldn’t this be in December? (It’s my family’s traditional dessert at the holidays since I have a brother that does not like pie.)
I shared a month ago that I was the chairperson for the poetry competition at this year’s Oregon State Fair. Alas – yesterday I stepped down from that position. I have been too ill with this virus to meet the prep work deadlines and it needed an able-person to shepherd it through.
I still encourage Oregonian’s to submit their poetry!
If you appreciate what I do, please consider being one of my Patrons on Patreon.
My archive of blog’ poetry prompts is here.
You know – I’m all about the prompts!!