Day 7 – 1 week in! 1/4 of the way through; let’s keep the momentum up!
My PAD prompt is …”let’s make it awkward”
Poetry isn’t always just writing about the beauty, the nobility, the pleasant. In fact, some of the most interesting poetry is about what we find ‘uncomfortable. There is Shakespeare’s Sonnet 130 – which uses less than complimentary descriptions to describe his “mistress”.
So … write something interesting. Pick an uncomfortable situation, an uncomfortable situation and write your poem.
My example – you ever have an incidental meeting with another driver (maybe glancing at each other through the windows) and felt something was off …
Other PAD challenges are …
- Robert Lee Brewer’s Apr PAD challenge (Twitter, search #AprPAD.)
- The official NaPoWriMo / GloPoWriMo Challenge. (Twitter, search #NaPoWriMo2018)
- The Poetry School NaPoWriMo challenge.
- WORDxWord 30/30 challenge on their blog.
- Moore School 30 Day Poetry Challenge – a list of prompts for National Poetry Month.
- Contemporary Verse 2 2-Day challenge. is a twist, it takes place April 14-15. Registration closed last night.
- Camp NaNoWriMo – for those wanting help starting another novel …
I have uploaded my Pinterest “Ariel’s List” for April if you want to use those.
Want to look up a past prompts? Maybe one of my past Pinterest “Ariel’s List”?
I’ve made it easy for you. You can find them in my archive on my Poetry Prompts page.
Let me know what you think ...