Let’s write about a subject you know really well today. Today’s prompt is ” What <your name> knows is this”.
Tell me what you know – but, as a twist, tell it to me in the third-person. Share a life lesson, maybe a thought that is hidden. Perhaps it is a refutation of some commonly held belief. Perhaps it is even a tired old refrain that people keep misbelieve about you until you really want to say something sarcastic. Been there, done that … and it created some pretty intense and sometimes funny poems.
Here’s one of mine from a few years ago – during a time when my work duties kept increasing while my team kept shrinking.
Other PAD challenges are …
- Robert Lee Brewer’s Apr PAD challenge (Twitter, search #AprPAD.)
- The official NaPoWriMo / GloPoWriMo Challenge. (Twitter, search #NaPoWriMo2018)
- The Poetry School NaPoWriMo challenge.
- WORDxWord 30/30 challenge on their blog.
- Moore School 30 Day Poetry Challenge – a list of prompts for National Poetry Month.
- Contemporary Verse 2 2-Day challenge. is a twist, it takes place April 14-15. Registration closed last night.
- Camp NaNoWriMo – for those wanting help starting another novel …
I have uploaded my Pinterest “Ariel’s List” for April if you want to use those.
Want to look up a past prompt? Maybe one of my past Pinterest “Ariel’s List”?
I’ve made it easy for you. You can find them in my archive on my Poetry Prompts page.Yea
Just a reminder, I will be reading some of my political poems tomorrow evening, along with other Moments Before Midnight poets at April 12’s Salem Poetry Project.
“Bob Hill Publishing, LLC is pleased to present Moments Before Midnight. This anthology contains the work of twenty-six Oregon poets responding to political and global climate changes. Several poets will read their poems after an introduction by Amalie Hill, one of the poets and an editor of the book. All net proceeds will be donated to the ACLU.
Find us in the back room. Featured reader begins at 7:00 and the open mic will directly follow. Our hosts, The Barrel & Keg, feature a wide variety of beverages and the food pod in the back has a rotating menu of options for dinner!”