This evening, the poets from Moments Before Midnight anthology are reading from the just-released Moments Before Midnight at Salem Poetry Project. As one of the MBM poets – I’ll be there! Join me in the Barrel&Keg’s back room 7 – 8:30 pm. Featured reader(s) begin at 7:00 and the open mic will directly follow. Our hosts, The Barrel & Keg, feature a wide variety of beverages and the food pod in the back has a rotating menu of options for dinner!
“Bob Hill Publishing, LLC is pleased to present Moments Before Midnight. This anthology contains the work of twenty-six Oregon poets responding to political and global climate changes. Several poets will read their poems after an introduction by Amalie Hill, one of the poets and an editor of the book. All net proceeds will be donated to the ACLU.
I share one of tonight’s poem below.
Today’s prompt is to write your own “moments before midnight poem,”.
You can do like the anthology poets did and write of ecological, social, political, and economic justice issues.
OR maybe it inspires you to write a scary poem ala Boris Karloff,
Or maybe, you are like me and want to extoll the pleasures of writing poetry mere moments before midnight, while half the world is asleep. I have many that dote on that reverant time – like A Poet’s Vigil.
Other PAD challenges are …
- Robert Lee Brewer’s Apr PAD challenge (Twitter, search #AprPAD.)
- The official NaPoWriMo / GloPoWriMo Challenge. (Twitter, search #NaPoWriMo2018)
- The Poetry School NaPoWriMo challenge.
- WORDxWord 30/30 challenge on their blog.
- Moore School 30 Day Poetry Challenge – a list of prompts for National Poetry Month.
- Contemporary Verse 2 2-Day challenge. is a twist, it takes place April 14-15. Registration closed last night.
- Camp NaNoWriMo – for those wanting help starting another novel …
I have uploaded my Pinterest “Ariel’s List” for April if you want to use those.
Want to look up a past prompt? Maybe one of my past Pinterest “Ariel’s List”?
I’ve made it easy for you. You can find them in my archive on my Poetry Prompts page.
Here’s one of the poems I will be reading tonight …
My archive of poetry prompts is here.
You know I’m all about the prompts!