Day 28 – Counting today, three days left of Poetry Month Writing challenges … oh my.
The ‘puter gremlins are active but fortunately, I’ve got WordPress on my phone.
So … Today’s prompt is easy to assume … Today’s prompt us “Saturday” –
And I hope your Saturday is as sunny and easy as mine has been (minus the non-cooperative lap-top. I spent the morning on photographing Gaiety Hollow’s gardens. As you recall, I participated in a reading there 6 days ago. I had left my camera & phone at home. But Bobbi, a docent there, knows I am CC Willow, an artist, and granted me some time this morning to grab some reference photos!
Speaking of lovely times … It was great doing the Salem Art Walk as Ariel, not “CC Willow”, this time around. I hosted the Poetry Open Mic and Anna Cottom (of Prisms Gallery) has posted some great photos and videos of the readers on Facebook!
I especially appreciate that one friend who came out is a friend I hadn’t seen in a long time -, Sarah Katreen Hoggatt. I knew she was an accomplished photographer & editor … I did not know she had FOUR poetry books out!
I have an article due in a month for one of the local papers – to be a focus on a local poet … Guess who I just picked!
And here is what my contemporaries are also offering this month in regards to poetry writing challenges …
- Robert Lee Brewer’s Apr PAD challenge It’s another TwoFerTuesday over on RLB’s challenge! (Twitter, search #AprPAD.)
- The official NaPoWriMo / GloPoWriMo Challenge. (Twitter, search #NaPoWriMo2018)
- The Poetry School NaPoWriMo challenge.
- WORDxWord 30/30 challenge on their blog.
- Moore School 30 Day Poetry Challenge – a list of prompts for National Poetry Month.
- Camp NaNoWriMo – for those wanting help starting another novel …
I have uploaded my Pinterest “Ariel’s List” for April if you want to use those.
Want to look up a past prompt? Maybe one of my past Pinterest “Ariel’s List”?
I’ve made it easy for you. You can find them in my archive on my Poetry Prompts page.
Well, it was supposed to rain today and is gorgeous instead … I have strawberry plants to put in the garden. Have an enjoyable Saturday …poetry session!